Monday, September 21, 2009

The beginning

This blog is for posting here the things I do with Blender, an open source software for 3D animation.

My firtst contact with Blender was on May 30th, 2009, when while preparing a presentation for a friends wedding, one of the co-workers sent me this link to see if we could do something similar for the introduction. Some days after I've followed the tutorial and did it with no problem, without the need of knowing how to use Blender.
I then realized that the software was similar to 3D Studio Max, that I've worked with a few years ago for proffessional reasons, when we wanted to present building energy results in a fancy way, so I've explored a bit more of the potential of Blender.
After going through the first tutorials to understant the Blender unusual interface and to make the first animation of Gingerbread Man, and a little more advanced character animation tutorial, I've decided that it was worth exploring it and try to use it to improve the things we were making for the friends wedding. It was a race against time, since I had to learn Blender while making the animations and had only about 2.5 months (in the free time between work and family). I'll soon post the final result of my first work with Blender.

No comments: